Setting up Goggle Apps as your own CDN
- Install Python
- Download Google Apps SDK
- Signup for Google App Engine and create an application
- Download CDN Example, nicely put together by Andreas Krohn of digitalistic.com
- Extract archive and edit app.yaml, changing application:digitalisticcdn to application:
- Put all the images you want to upload in the images directory, etc.
- Download Digitalistic's batchfile uploader here. Edit it so it points to your Python install directory, your Google App Engine SDK and your digitalisticcdn / customapp directory.
- Double-click on this newly edited batch file to run it, the first time it'll ask for your username & password afterwhich your files will then be uploaded (hopefully) to your newly created appengine cdn.
So after all that, you should be able to access your images via,
Thanks go to Andreas Krohn of digitalistic.com for putting together the zip archive example, batch file and original tutorial.